As of last week, all the books say that Aidan is now considered to be viable if born now. Of course, I want him to stay in there as long as possible b/c that is what is best for him, but it's also comforting to know that if something happened now, that he would have a chance at survival. I'm doing well, and Aidan is moving everyday; morning, noon and night. His wallpaper border is getting put up this morning. Can't wait til it's done. I'll be sure to post pics for you. It's still raining today and I think I'll spend most of today cleaning and catching up on laundry. It's starting to get difficult to get out of bed or get up from the sofa and bending over to pick something off the ground is becoming a challenge too. My fingers have been swollen for sometime now; I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings for about 2 mos now. I bought a replacement set so I have something to wear so people know I'm married. Even my watch seems tight around my wrist, so I haven't been wearing it. My jeans that I wore at 3-4 mos PG, still fit, but the belly area is tight and becoming uncomfortable - so I feel like my weight gain is mostly in my belly area and then some water retention in other places. So far, I'm up 21 lbs. Yikes! But the books say that is also in range of what is normal, expected weight gain at this point. Still, I've never weighed this much in my life, so looking at the scale is not the most fun thing I could think of to do. But, it's all worth it! As far as I'm concerned, I'm carrying a miracle.
Week Twenty-FiveThe structures of the spine begin to form -- joints, ligaments and rings. These will protect the all important spinal cord which serves as the information transmitter for your child's body.
Blood vessels of the lungs develop.
Your baby's nostrils begin to open. There is a study out of Belfast that suggests babies at this stage have the capability of scent preferences!
The nerves around the mouth and lip area are showing more sensitivity now. When baby is rooting for food later on, these will be valuable!
His swallowing reflexes are developing.
Dexterity is improving. Your baby can make a fist and would clasp objects placed in palm.
Your child has now obtained an approximate length of 13.6 inches (34.6cm) and weighs 1.46 pound (660gm).
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
yeah!! Getting close! Glad to hear you are both healthy and feeling well.
Can't wait to see the new pics of the nursery! Glad things are going so well for you! Just hang in there and get lots of rest!!
Post a Comment