Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Houston, we have activity!

Just got back home from my 39wk OB appt and I am 1cm dilated and 20% effaced! I know it's not much, but it's a start! I've been having contractions for the last 3 days, and they have been 8-10 min apart for an hour or so at a time, so they seem to have made some things happen. The doctor still thinks Aidan will be born on or near his due date of Feb 8th and is happy with the way things are going. Aidan is estimated to be 7lbs 6oz as of today and has a nice heartbeat and plenty of amniotic fluid. We are now back on track for our weekly appts, so our next (and last) appt is next Tuesday, Feb 6th. The doctor said he wouldn't let me go past 1 week overdue, so Aidan will be here by Feb 15th at the latest. I feel like he'll be here by or before Valentines day. We are getting so excited to see him and hold him. We could see his face on the u/s today and he has chubby cheeks and a small, round chin w/full lips. Can't wait to kiss his sweet face! It won't be long now! If you want to be called or text messaged when Aidan arrives, make sure I have your number!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait!! (i'm tearing up right now) He's going to be a big boy! I can't wait to get "the text"!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy and excited for you and Ray. This is a beautiful time and every contraction is exciting. I can't wait! Our little Maddie will have a cousin. Don't care what time it is make sure you let Lea know!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! He could be here any time now. Best of luck and happiness to you!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait sweetie, I'm so excited to hold the three of you and to see his little face! See you all soon. :)

Love, Mom