Tuesday, January 09, 2007

36wk OB appt - 1st cervical check

Went in today for my first cervical check and another growth scan of Aidan. I am not dilated yet, cervix is closed and tight, but my cervix seems likes it's started to soften a little. The doctor seemed to think I should make it to 40wks, so that's good! I was very happy to hear that. Aidan is "locked and loaded", he is head down and his head is engaged in my pelvis and he is face down. I felt like I had dropped b/c I can now fill my lungs w/air! His estimated weight was 6lbs 2oz today, which is larger than most babies this far along. He was in the 53rd percentile on weight. All this is great news since he has the 2 vessel cord problem. The cord issue is obviously not affecting him at all! I'm happy and feel good that it doesn't look like I'm in danger of delivering early, so far.

I am only up 2lbs since two weeks ago, so I'm happy about that too. My blood pressure was 110/70 today, again, more good news. I took my rings into the jeweler today to get resized. I haven't been able to wear them in a few months now and I miss them. We had it custom made so they are resizing them for no charge and will resize them back down later at no charge. I wish I had gone in sooner! I just thought it would be more trouble than it was worth, so I hadn't bothered. They should be done by tomorrow, yay!

No new pics of Aidan today. We got to see him, but didn't get any print outs. It's harder to see him now b/c he's so big, so one body part takes up the whole screen. It won't be much longer now though and we'll all get to see him and hold him! We can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news!! I'm glad you are both healthy and doing so well. Can't wait to embrace all three of you.:)
Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear souch good news!