Thursday, November 09, 2006

Today, I start my 7th month & the 3rd trimester

Wow...I can't believe I'm really already this far along. It seems like just the other day, I got the call from my doctor's office telling me that my blood test was VERY positive. And now here I am in the home stretch. Our lives are going to be changed forever by the addition of this new soul in our lives. We are so ready for it. His room is ready and looks so good! There are lots of things we still need to buy before we are really ready for him. The birth of a baby makes you really evaluate everything in your life. Not just the here and now, but the future and our mortality. Soon (in a year or two) we plan to buy a bigger home in a better school district, we've already secured life insurance on each other and started a college fund for Aidan and we've had to consider the morbid task of deciding who will raise Aidan should both Ray and I pass on while Aidan is still a minor. We still need to get with an attorney and have a will drawn up for us. Lots of things to think about and prepare for.

Week Twenty-Seven
Your little one's brain continues its rapid growth. Don't forget to share music, conversation, and even books with your baby!
Response to sound grows more consistent toward the end of the seventh month, when the network of nerves to the ear is complete. Your baby's hearing continues to develop, he or she may start to recognize your voice as well as your partner's.
Lungs continue to grow and prepare for functioning outside of the womb. Each day in the womb greatly increases survival rates!
He also continues to take small breaths and although he's only breathing in water and not air, it's still good practice for when he's born.
Eyelids are now open more. Your baby can distinguish between light and dark.
Retinas have formed.
Your baby will grow over ½ inch this week alone! You may suspect this phenominal growth rate repeats in the preteen years!
Average size is now 14.4 inches (36.6cm) and 1.9 pound (875gm).

No comments: