Thursday, November 02, 2006

26w today, 1 wk away from 7th month!


26 weeks today and I'm so excited to be at another milestone. For me, each week I get closer to making our dream a reality. And each week Aidan gets, makes him stronger and more real. I'm still feeling good, just some minor swelling in hands and feet and some lower back pain. My 1st baby shower is this Saturday that my girlfriends are hosting for me. I'm excited to see everyone and really can't describe how I feel to be the guest of honor at a baby shower for the first time. Over the years, I've been to pretty much all of my friends showers and birthday parties for their children and then with our infertility struggle, I had to decline a lot of the invitations b/c it was too hard for me to attend. Self-preservation is so key when you are going thru something like that. I hope they understand why I couldn't be there in the past year, and I look forward to all the support they can lend me as a first time mother, as I'm sure I'll need it! Even though I did raise my ex-stepdaughter Alexia from the age of 3 to 9, she will be 15 in January and I'm a bit rusty. I've never been PG before, never given birth and never been the primary caregiver of a newborn thru 3yrs of age, so I'm sure I'll need help along the way. But as my shower approaches and I am about to enter my 3rd trimester, I am so thankful for all the wisdom and love my friends and family have for me, especially now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Your belly pics are so cute and sweet. I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet that sweet baby boy.