

Week Twelve
Vocal cords begin to form - While perhaps not quite ready to be introduced to the nearest opera stage, your infant will use these immediately following the moment of birth. Bet you can't wait to hear that first cry!
Those precious eyes begin to move closer together - Are you wondering if he will have mommy's hazel eyes, daddy's sparkling blue ones, or maybe out of the gene pool will emerge grandma's clear blue!
Ears shift to their normal place on the side of the head
Intestines move farther in to your child's body
His or her liver begins to function - Responsible for cleansing the blood, storing nutrients, and providing needed chemicals, this is an important event!
The pancreas begins to produce insulin
Guess what? Your baby's average size is now at a whopping length: 2.13 inches (5.4cm) and weight: 0.49 ounce (14gm)
I had my first bout with morning sickness last Monday. It hit me in the middle of my shower that morning. I hadn't gotten sick at all till then, so I was surprised. I thought if I hadn't gotten sick by now, maybe I was just lucky and wouldn't have any morning sickness. But so far, that was the only time. Other than that, I'm doing great. Our next appt is on Aug 1st for our NT scan.
I had my progesterone levels tested again on Monday and it came back at 49.3 which is good. They want me to start weaning myself off the progesterone in oil (PIO) shots by going down to 1/2cc every other day instead of every day. I am very nervous to do this and even more scared to stop the shots altogether. I'm on these shots b/c my body does not produce progesterone on it's own. Without progesterone, your body thinks it's supposed to start a new cycle and that would lead to miscarriage. But at some point in pregnancy, the placenta takes over producing the necessary hormones. I was told to expect to be on the PIO until at least week 15 or 16. There is no danger of having too much progesterone, but not enough can end a pregnancy. Not sure I feel comfortable weaning myself off just yet.




No comments:
Post a Comment