Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wanted: Au Pair please!

Aidan's first and only day of daycare or MDO (mother's day out program) did not go well. He is still traumatized. When I picked him up, he was standing all by himself, looking out the window and crying. They said he had cried most of the day and did not eat lunch when they offered it to him. When he saw me, he did not smile, he came over to me and clung to me for dear life. I think he felt abandoned by me. I felt so bad for him! Broke my heart that all day, while I was hoping he was having a great time, he was miserable and sad. This was on Monday and ever since then, he has been super clingy to me, like he's afraid I'm going to leave him again and he's been waking up in the middle of the night, which isn't normal for him. He woke at 4am today and would sleep on me in the glider, but when I tried to put him in his crib, he'd throw a fit. So I rocked him in the glider from 4am to 7am when Ray got up and then I went to bed for an hour or so until Ray had to leave for work. It'll take some time to get Aidan back on track again.

So after lots of thought and talking with Ray, we decided that daycare/MDO is not right for Aidan/us right now, and I've decided to see if I can find an Au Pair or nanny to come live with us starting in November instead. I'll really need help for a while with two babies to care for. I'm hoping to find someone from another country to come and help us, as that would be the cheapest way. Going through an agency is really expensive. The other requirement is that I would need them to work every weekend since Ray does, so I've got a tall order, but I've got time too. Hopefully we'll find the right fit for our family. I've registered on an Au Pair website that matches families with au pairs/nannies and visa versa. A neighbor friend of mine just found her Au Pair using the same site, so I'm hopeful we can find someone too.

I probably sound like one of those "softy" moms, but it's really hard to justify making him go when I'm at home and he's miserable and sad all day. He's better with me where he feels safe and comfortable. So wish us luck on our Au Pair search!

1 comment:

Tabatha said...

Good luck on your search!!!