Sunday, December 02, 2007
Thirty two
I turned 32 years old today. We had friends over last night to celebrate; stayed up way too late, but had a great time! Woke up today and picked up Aidan from my mom's house since he spent the night there so our partying wouldn't wake him. He was awake in his crib when I got there, just sitting there playing quietly. Such a sweet boy. Came back home and played with him for a while longer before it was time for his first nap of the day. Then I got ready to meet my dad for lunch while Aidan slept. My husband surprised me with a sterling silver bracelet from Tiffany's and a new brown leather Gucci bag. He really does spoil me! When Aidan wakes up, we go to ZTejas for my birthday lunch with my dad. Aidan was a perfect angel at the restaurant. He sat in the highchair and ate his crackers that I brought for him, and people watched. I also fed him some of my cornbread which he greeted with a mouth wide open like a little bird. After lunch, Aidan and I went back home to spend the rest of the day at home together. He took his second nap, and I cleaned the kitchen and put the dishes away. When he woke up, we played upstairs and then came back downstairs later on to play. I get a call from a Realtor that her clients want to make an offer on one of my listings (yay!) but they want to see a copy of the last year of utility bills fist. No problem, I call my client and tell them the good news, and ask them to email them to me so I can forward them on. Then around 5:30pm, I put him in the stroller and we went on our nightly walk around the neighborhood. Aidan likes to see all the xmas lights that some of our neighbors have up on their houses. It's already starting to get dark at that time, so we're able to see the lights easily. After the walk, I take Aidan upstairs for a bath. He gets so excited. He was trying to climb into the tub as I was still taking his clothes off! He loves being in the bathtub, so we take our time with bath time so he can play. I wash him and his hair first, to get the business part out of the way, so he can get busy with playing. After his bath, I take him to his room and put a diaper on him and then put lotion on him, massaging his feet, legs and arms. He loves it. I put a onsie on him, because it's kind of warm tonight and then take him downstairs because I hear that Ray is home. So we meet Daddy in the kitchen, Aidan all clean with his wet hair. Then it's off to our bathroom so I can dry his hair. He loves the hair dryer! He likes to watch himself in the mirror as I dry his hair. Then I pass Aidan off to daddy for a bit while I season the spaghetti Ray has started and then make a call to the Realtor to send her the info she needed from me. Aidan is cranky now, so I make his bedtime bottle and take him back from daddy and head upstairs to put him to bed. He drinks all 8 ounces and falls asleep on my chest as we listen to the whir of the humidifier and the peacefulness of the classical lullabies we play for him at bedtime each night. As he sleeps on my chest and I am enjoying this moment with my son, who is tiny for only a short time, I glance at the clock in his room and note that it's 7:15pm. I still have time to eat the spaghetti Ray made, catch up on Desperate Housewives, call my client back to update them and then run a new CMA for them. But I could fall asleep in the glider with Aidan sleeping on me too. It's tempting, but life is calling. Other people and things need tending to also. So I lay him down in his crib, cover him with his favorite blanket and put the rail up. Now here I sit, for some reason, chronicling my day here. It's 10:30pm now, I'm so very ready for bed, but the kitchen needs to be cleaned up from dinner. I'm off to clean it up, take out my contacts and climb in the bed with my husband and get some much needed sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Happy Birthday! Sounds like y'all had fun!
Post a Comment