
Week Nineteen
Your baby has the same awake and sleep patterns of a newborn. He has a favorite position for sleep and recognizable active and rest periods.
Throughout baby's body, nerves are being coated with a fatty substance called myelin, which insulates the nerves so that impulses can flow smoothly.
Scalp hair becomes apparent this week. It has sprouted and continues to grow.
The milk teeth buds have already developed and over the next few days the buds for the permanent teeth will begin to form behind the milk teeth.
If baby is female the uterus starts to develop. If you're having a girl, the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes are in place.
If it's a boy, the genitals are distinct and recognizable.
Your baby is swallowing amniotic fluid and his or her kidneys are making urine.
Your little one's size is around 6.02 inches (15.3cm) and 8.47 ounces (240gm).
This past week, we started working on Aidan's nursery. We moved out all the guest room furniture and painted the top of the room blue and added wainscoting to the bottom half of the room. I just have a little more trim to paint and it'll be finished! We also updated the window blinds and added 2" faux wood blinds in his room. I'll post pics soon!
I'm feeling good. I'm enjoying feeling Aidan's movement on a daily basis now. It's very reassuring. It seems allergies have gotten the best of me for the past few days. I've had lots of congestion, stuffy head, runny and or stopped up nose and sore throat. Not fun. I hope I'm feeling better soon. My total weight gain is 11 lbs so far, and the expected range for 19wks is 8-14lbs of weight gain. So, looks like I fall right in line w/the normal range for now.




No comments:
Post a Comment