This past week has just been so crazy busy with a newborn, a sick toddler and a sick mommy and my in-laws at our house. On Monday, we sent Aidan off to preschool and then Ray and I went to our family doctor to get our Tdap vaccine so we don't pass pertussis (whooping cough) to Addison and while there got a call from Aidan's school that he had a temp of 103.5. So we dashed over to pick him up and took him to his pedi. She listened to his chest and could hear him wheezing so she put him on a nebulizer, did a finger prick for a CBC and ordered a chest x-ray for him at a different location. We are also sent home with a nebulizer that we have to use on Aidan every 4hrs for 10min.
I then developed an ear infection from my sinus/allergy stuff I've been fighting for a while now and with that comes impaired hearing and pain. The chest x-ray shows Aidan to not have Bronchitus but he keeps running this high fever all week, so we take him back on Thursday to find out he now has a double ear infection too. Poor little guy, he gets so hot and is just not himself.
Addison had her 2wk appt this morning and she is doing well. She is 9.1 lbs now and is in the 94th percentile for her weight, and the 95th percentile for her length; 77th percentile for the head circumfrence at 36cm. She does seem to have blocked tear ducts just like Aidan had, but that should correct itself over time.
Now I'm just hoping that Aidan and I are feeling better by Sunday and that Addison does not get sick.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Isn't it crazy how much you can handle if you have to? What a week! Bummer about the nebulizer. We had to use one with Payton when he was younger as well. We had trouble getting him to stay still for the 5-10 minutes. Well, wishing you good health soon! Can't wait to see updated pics of little addison.
Oh no! I hope you all feel better soon. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.
Lea
Post a Comment