Monday, May 14, 2007

Savannah's ashes

I picked up Savannah's ashes today. It was hard. They handed me a dark brown gift bag; it was heavy. I was surprised by the weight of her ashes and it brought the sadness all back again. I cried as I walked away, carrying both Aidan and Savannah back to the car. Once I got home, I looked in the bag and inside was a dark blue velvet bag that held her ashes in a wooden box and an envelope was next to that. Inside was a certificate with this poem...

"Farewell, Master, yet not farewell,
Where I go, ye, too, shall dwell.
I am gone before your face,
A moment's time, a little space.
When ye come where I have stepped
Ye will wonder why ye wept."

- After Death by Edwin Arnold

1 comment:

DMB said...

Oh my gosh, I started bawling as soon as I read the poem.

I'm so sorry again for your loss.

D