Tuesday, February 06, 2007
The longest wait...
Today I am 39w5d and am still only 1cm dilated but have increased from 20% effaced to 40%. I felt so disappointed leaving the doctor's office; didn't expect to feel so sad that nothing was happening yet. I'm so very ready to meet my son. They want me to come back in on Friday to check me again and then schedule an induction (if needed) for as early as Monday the 12th. So unless I go into labor on my own, it's looking like we'll have him on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I'm sorry things aren't happening quicker. I hope you won't need the induction and he comes out on his own....soon!!
Big hugs to you!!
XO,Dawn
Any day now! I know you must be disappointed about only being 1cm dilated. I cried at my appointment when they told me I hadn't progessed, so I know how you feel. But he can't stay in there forever and there is an end in the very near future. Aidan is just making sure he is completely ready before entering the world for good. Can't wait to hear when you have gone in for the real deal!
The last few weeks seems like forever. Don't be sad 1 cm really does not mean much and 40% is good. There is a lot to be said about induction, it really is great being ready, having everyone ready to go. Hope he comes sooner for you and Ray but all in all every thing is going fine honey. The Mock hosehold is so excited!
Glad to hear Aidan is healthy! I know the wait is long, but induction rocks. There's something nice about being able to prepare. Do your hair for all the pics! : ) Hang in there!
You're almost there!!! We can't wait to meet little Aiden too!!!
Post a Comment