Friday, May 05, 2006

Back from RE and upset

So I go to my RE for a base line u/s today and a RX for Clomid. Long story short, she gives me an RX for 50mg instead of 100mg, even after I told her (again) that I don't respond to 50mg and that's why my last 4 clomid cycles I was on 100mg and responded well each time. She insisted on 50mg anyway, stating issues w/lining and CM - even after I told her that my lining was always thick (around 10mm-13mm) and we are doing IUI so what does CM matter? So then I'm thinking, "ok, she's the expert, what do I know." Then I go to check out and the girl tells me it'll be $170 please. "WHAT?! For what?" I say. She tells me it's for the u/s, my insurance doesn't cover it since it's coded for IF. I told her all my previous u/s were covered at my OB (for Clomid and IUI cycles) and the 1st u/s at my RE was covered. She said she was sorry and they can't code it as anything else b/c that would be lying and fraudulant. So at $170 a pop for an u/s (and needing at least 4 ea cycle) I told them I can't afford to come back here anymore. I left wanting to cry, I was so upset and surprised, AND my husband is going to have a heart attack when he finds out I spent almost $200 today for nothing! No one told me to be prepared to pay that amount for each u/s when I made the appt. They did not set the right expectation.

So, now I have no choice but to go back to my OBGYN and do my cycles there. My RE removed my septum so hopefully that's all I needed and he can do my Clomid/IUI cycles in his office with u/s's covered and IUI costing $250 out of pocket.

I left a msg w/my OBGYN's phone nurse to call me back and set up appt for u/s's and Clomid rx for an IUI cycle. So I'm just waiting for them to call me back now. I guess my OBGYN does code my u/s and other stuff as "painful menses" or "endo" so that most of everything is covered for me. Why do some doctor's have a problem doing this for patients? (other than the fact that yes, technicaly, it's lying....)

So, I'm hoping I got from the RE what I needed to be successful at getting PG w/her removing my septum and a polyp.

TTC#1, Cycle # 23, CD2

No comments: