I had another OB appt today and got to see Addison again. She's estimated to weigh just over 3 lbs now, is head down and sucking her thumb! Dr S has scheduled my c-section for Nov 7th, so that will be her birthday unless something happens before then. I also had my Gestational Diabetes test done today (1hr glucose) so hopefully I passed that. Weight wise, I'm only up 20 lbs since I got pregnant, so that's not too bad so far. With Aidan, I gained a total of 54 lbs and lost 30 of that in the first month post partum.
Why am I getting a c-section? I had a rough delivery with Aidan and a long and painful recovery period too. On top of being a large baby, weighing 9.6lbs, he also had shoulder dystocia (shoulders got stuck on the way out) and my OB had to push on my stomach to get him out (it felt like the Dr was sitting on me, actually) and I had a 3rd degree tear. It took me 6mos to heal from the damage. So, since we seem to make large babies and I'm only 5'4" and don't seem built to accommodate these "little" ones very well, we are opting for a c-section this time so that we won't encounter another difficult delivery for me or the baby and my recovery time will probably be much shorter than what I experienced last time and that is important to me since I'll have 2 babies to take care of and need to be back to my self as soon as possible.
We scheduled the rest of my appts out as I left today, so it won't be long and Addison will be here! I'm so excited and anxious to see her! Her room is ready, but I haven't bought any clothes for her yet, and I've only bought one box of diapers so far for her. I do have some clothes from Aidan that are unisex (ie white/yellow/green) that I've put in her dresser and some from my friend April, but I still have some shopping to do for her. At least all the big stuff is done though.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment