Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Aidan's 4 month doctor appointment


Aidan had his 4 month appointment today, even though officially he won't be 4 months old until the 14th. I was excited to see what he weighed, but not looking forward to the 4 shots he would have to get. Here are his current stats...

Head: 42cm
Length: 24 1/2 inches
Weight: 14 pounds 12 ounces

He is in the 50th percentile for everything, so he's right on track. Developmentally, he's exactly where he's supposed to be also. He's found his hands/fingers and puts them in his mouth daily, can lift his head easily when on his tummy, rolling over to his side, but not rolling over yet, and has started showing signs of teething. Aidan is wearing 3-6 mos size clothing and in size 3 Pampers Cruisers. The shots were the hard part today. He screamed at each of them and I cried while Ray held him. It was awful. I hate it that he's in pain and I can't do anything about it. A necessary evil, I guess. On the positive side, since birth, Aidan has not had any health issues; no fevers, not ER visits, no calls to the doctor at all for anything! They said most babies come in for lots of things but attributed his healthiness to genetics, good parenting and not being in daycare.
In other news, our closing date has been pushed back by the builder b/c some critical items for our home are back ordered (ie, double oven, granite counter top for my office, front door, faucets, etc.). So our new closing date is June 26th, but I don't think pushing it back 2 days will be enough. So I'm expecting them to move it back again. So we'll see what happens. We're lucky that our current living situation is flexible in that we don't have to be out by a certain date, but we are anxious to move into our new home. But we want everything to be done right too before we close, so we will wait. To be continued!

No comments: