Saturday, April 28, 2007

New home is coming along!

Our new home is getting closer to being completed. We are still expecting it to be done in June or July. They just finished sheet rocking and will begin to texture and paint soon and then cabinets will go in soon after that. We are getting anxious! I can't wait to start decorating it! I'm already selecting paint colors for different rooms and we are getting bids on plantation shutters. I've been looking at Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware catalogs for color inspiration. I'm excited to put Aidan's nursery back together in this new house too. This new home will have all that we need for our little family. I'm also looking forward to having a doggie door for the dogs. Letting them in and out all day while taking care of a baby is getting old. They seem to always want in or out while I'm feeding Aidan.

Speaking of dogs, our oldest, Savannah, is not doing so well. She will be 14 this year and I'm afraid she won't be with us much longer. She is mostly deaf, has dementia, urinary incontinence and has had at least one seizure that I'm aware of. Poor girl, she's had a long life though. She just sits in the corner on her bed all day, and only gets up to eat and go out to go potty. We did get a new vet, closer to our new home, and they have a brand new facility with a special room for us when the time comes. That will be a very hard day.
Onto happier topics, Aidan is still sleeping well at night. He has started to go to bed earlier, around 7-8pm and will sleep until about 7am. He does wake up at least once each night, but we don't pick him up, just give him his pacifier and he goes back to sleep. So we haven't been doing any night time feedings for about 2 weeks now. The pedi said that after 2 months, they don't need night time feedings anymore and the sooner we could break that habit the sooner he'd be sleeping longer and then we'd be getting better sleep too. He's sleeping now (hence my time here on the computer) and Ray is out riding his Harley and having dinner with a friend of his. I think I will be going to bed soon myself. We are going to church for the first time with Aidan tomorrow. I think he'll do well, morning is his best time of day.

No comments: